BNP Paribas Wealth Management is pleased to announce the following senior appointments, as part of its growth strategy for the Asia Pacific Region.
- Mr. Alfred Tsai joined BNP Paribas Wealth Management Asia Pacific on 18 October 2011 as head of China market, based in Hong Kong. Alfred brings with him extensive knowledge and experience to oversee and grow its business of the China market, one of the key markets for its growth strategy in the region. Throughout his career, Alfred has held various senior management positions at investment banking and wealth management division of various renowned international banks such as Citibank, UBS, Credit Suisse and Merrill Lynch. Prior to joining BNP Paribas Wealth Management, Alfred was managing director, senior advisor at Julius Baer.
- Mr. Anton Wong joined BNP Paribas Wealth Management Asia Pacific on 18 October 2011 as a managing director of Key Client Group, based in Hong Kong. In his new role, Anton will work on further strengthening BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s capabilities in meeting the needs of the fast-growing UHNW client segment. Anton started his career as an auditor at Price Waterhouse in New York in 1991. In 1997 he joined TD Securities in New York specialized in Equity Derivatives sales and trading. Prior to joining BNP Paribas Wealth Management, Anton was director, Solution Partners at Credit Suisse.
- Mr. Vincent Koo joined BNP Paribas Wealth Management Asia Pacific on 27 September 2011 as Regional Head of Wealth Management Compliance, based in Singapore. Vincent will work closely with business partners across the region with the objective of achieving sustainable growth for Wealth Management, predicated on compliance with applicable rules & regulations, and maintenance of sound ethics & control standards. Prior to joining BNP Paribas Wealth Management, Vincent worked for various international institutions in audit and compliance roles including Deloitte & Touche, Hang Seng Bank, UBS, Citibank and most recently RBS Coutts.
Earlier this year, BNP Paribas Wealth Management Asia Pacific has also made the following senior appointments:
- Mr. Brian Kenyon was relocated to Singapore as Managing Director of BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s Singapore Trust Corporation effective from 1 July 2011. Brian retains his global role as Deputy Head of Trust and Fiduciary Services and remains as director of the Jersey Trust Corporation. Brian is a former winner of the CityWealth ‘Trustee of the Year’ award and sat on various industry committees in Jersey. Brian is recognized by our clients, staff and the industry as a leading professional in this increasingly important aspect of private wealth management.
- Mr. Wallace Woo joined BNP Paribas Wealth Management Asia Pacific on 13 June 2011 as managing director, senior investment counselor for Key Clients, based in Hong Kong. In his role, Wallace will be primarily dedicated to serving the UHNW clients and work closely with the relationship managers of the Key Client Group to provide solutions and investment ideas. Wallace’s appointment is in line with our global strategy of further strengthening our offerings to this segment. Prior to joining BNP Paribas Wealth Management, Wallace has held similar roles at JP Morgan as senior investor with the Global Investment Opportunities Group and as senior director at HSBC Private Bank.
- Ms. Florence Chou joined BNP Paribas Wealth Management Asia Pacific on 1 June 2011 as head of Brand and Communications Asia Pacific, based in Hong Kong. In this role, Florence will work on formulating and implementing strategic and integrated communication plans, to further strengthen BNP Paribas’ Wealth Management business model and support business development. As a seasoned communications professional, Florence brought with her extensive Wealth Management knowledge and experience to the team. Prior to BNP Paribas Wealth Management, Florence worked for RBS Coutts, Merrill Lynch, American Express and Leo Burnett.
“These appointments are a major boost to BNP Paribas Wealth Management Asia Pacific. With their experience, business acumen and client-servicing capabilities, we expect to further solidify our strong position in the market, strengthen our offerings to the key clients, and accelerate our growth plan.” says Mrs. Mignonne Cheng, Chairman and CEO of BNP Paribas Wealth Management Asia Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Wealth Management (www.wealthmanagement.bnpparibas.com)
BNP Paribas Wealth Management is the world’s 8th largest private bank, present in some 30 countries. Over 6,000 professionals, based in every major financial centre, provide a private investor clientele with solutions for optimising and managing their assets. The bank has €257 billion worth of assets under management (as at end December 2010).
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) is one of the best rated banks in the world*. The Group has a presence in more than 80 countries and more than 200,000 employees, including more than 160,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across the Europe-Mediterranean zone and boasts a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia.
Brenda Woo Brenda.email@example.com +852 2909 8813
Christine Chan Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org +852 2909 8847