2024 APAC Graduate Programme – Global Banking APAC – Hong Kong
- Graduate Programme
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 19,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
2024 APAC Graduate Programme – Global Banking APAC
Our two-year graduate programme is designed to provide you with first class training and immediate responsibility, it gives you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services.
For: Final year students or recent graduates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any disciplines from a recognized university
Duration: 24 months
Streams: Investment Banking, Coverage, Loans & Specialized Finance, Real Estate
Start date: July 2024
Location: Hong Kong
Candidates with more than one application will not be processed – You are encouraged to review the different business lines and working locations before applying.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
• Apply as a recent graduate, final year undergraduate, or master’s student in any discipline;
• Possess GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline;
• Have to be fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages are an advantage); and
• Demonstrate methodical, logical, solution-driven thinking, with commercial awareness and a keen interest in latest finance topics as well as market trends.
What you can expect?
You will be provided with a comprehensive induction, where you will be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
From day one, you will start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career. Working alongside our teams of industry leading specialists, you will gain on-the-job training throughout your two-year programme taking you along a development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You will also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Mentor & Buddy
Throughout the programme, you will be mentored by experienced managers and team members, as well as pairing with a buddy from our early career cohorts who will make sure you are getting everything you need to grow.
What you will do?
In Investment Banking team, you will:
- Support in origination and assessment in IB deal opportunities (e.g. M&As, Financial advisory, IPOs…)
- Assisting in market and industry analysis and research studies.
- Preparing valuation related analysis such as trading comparables, transaction comparables, trading data analysis, DCF, etc.
- Provide support in transaction execution
- Assisting the KYC process during new client on-boarding / annual client review
- Assisting in transaction execution by participating in due diligence, valuation, general project coordination (internal and external).
- Support other client marketing and/ or deal related analysis as necessary
In Coverage team, you will:
- To provide support in preparing client presentation materials, pitch books and internal meeting memos.
- Help to research and analyse companies and industries (e.g. financial statements analysis, industry/market secondary research, extract market data)
- Gather and analyze client related data in preparation of the Annual Credit Client Review and Client Action Plan process
- Responsible for updating central data collection tools based on knowledge gathered from Senior RM and external sources during pitches
- Contractual documentation review, coordination with Legal/Compliance (for Loans, ISDA and etc.)
- Proactively involve in external/internal coordination for client due diligence process including collecting of all KYC information(ie, address, turnover, balance sheet, key contacts, etc)
- Perform research based on the bank’s data resources to document compliance processes and KYC
In Loans & Specialized Finance team, you will:
- Credit analysis including financial modeling, risk analysis, financial analysis, legal/structure analysis, etc
- Draft initial screening memos, credit applications and other internal papers on transactions, running of pricing model under the supervision of a senior team member
- Support LSF senior originators (VPs, Directors and Managing Directors) in the origination of loans across Asia-Pacific, including idea generation, prospect identification and screening, initial credit/debt capacity analysis, financial spreading, pitch book preparation, etc, including in coordination with M&A, IBA Sectors, DCM, ECM, SH
- Support LSF senior originators on loan structuring, term sheet drafting/negotiations and financing documentation reviews/negotiations
- Be responsible for and coordinate all closing and funding related tasks and liaise with other internal teams e.g. CTCM, KYC on boarding, CRC and Coverage/RM’s on completing the internal administrative process for credit application/approval and procedures for funding
- Prepare annual reviews and process waiver requests on transactions booked by LSF
- Impeccable conduct and strict individual compliance with all applicable compliance, conduct and other policies
In Real Estate team, you will:
- Provide support in the origination and execution of ENRIT Advisory & Capital Markets work which include capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and generally advisory transactions
- Assist the team in marketing and preparation of presentation materials for clients/prospects
- Undertake research, compile and analyse data
- Undertake quantitative analysis including comparable companies’ analysis and analysing financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for clients and marketing purposes
- Support day-to-day execution of transactions under supervision of VP