2024 APAC Graduate Programme – Wealth Management, Front Office Track – Hong Kong
- Graduate Programme
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 19,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
2024 APAC Graduate Programme – Wealth Management, Front Office Track – Hong Kong
Our two-year graduate programme is designed to provide you with the first class training and immediate responsibility, it gives you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services.
For: Final year students or recent graduates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any disciplines from a recognized university
Duration: 24 months
Streams: Credit Management and Investment Services
Start date: July 2024
Candidate with more than one application will not be processed – You are encouraged to review the different business lines and working locations before applying.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
- Apply as a recent graduate, final year undergraduate, or master’s student in any disciplines;
- Possess GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline;
- Be available to work as full time from July 2024 onwards;
- Have to be fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages are an advantage); and
Demonstrate methodical, logical, solution-driven initiatives, with commercial awareness and a keen interest in latest finance topics as well as market trends.
What you can expect?
You will be provided with a comprehensive induction, where you will be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
From day one, you you will start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career. Working alongside our teams of industry leading specialists, you will gain on-the-job training throughout your two-year programme taking you along a development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You will also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Mentor & Buddy
Throughout the programme, you will be mentored by experienced managers and team members, as well as pairing with a buddy from our early career cohorts who will make sure you are getting everything you need to grow.
What you will do?
BNP Paribas Wealth Management (“WM”) is a leading private in Asia with operations in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, China and India. For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients’ wealth, developing it, and eventually help clients pass it on to their loved ones. We know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones.
It is expected that the graduate will acquire knowledge/understanding of credit analysis, structuring and develop an overall skills set required to successfully contribute to the WM business.
Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture. The APAC Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24 month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring program, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
This position is designed to develop Graduates with the aptitude, ambition and skills to develop into a Relationship Manager. It is expected that on this 24-month programme the graduate will acquire knowledge/understanding of both WM Credit Management as well as WM Investment products and services. The graduate will also gain exposure to WM markets, and be mentored and career managed by a wealth management Team Head. Upon graduation, successful graduates will be invited to join a WM market for further development towards private banking.
The graduate is expected to develop an overall skills set required to successfully contribute to the WM business in both the WM Credit Management team as well as WM Investment services team.
WM APAC Credit Management team is a lending specialist team within WM Credit that focuses on credit transactions granted to BNP Paribas WM clients. The team has a mandate to grow the loan book while managing credit and compliance risks of the portfolio.
As a Junior Credit Analyst, you will support the Head of Credit Analysis team to achieve the team mandate; key responsibilities cover but are not limited to the following:
- Liaising with relationship managers and Credit Analysts to draft credit proposals and perform credit / market risk analysis for credit lines made available to existing and new clients;
- Performing due diligence, researching and documenting credit transactions;
- Working closely with relationship managers, legal and credit adminintration teams on post approval process to ensure smooth execution of the transactions;
- Assisting with various projects aiming at improving client experience (internal and external) and ensuring the quality of reporting and/or compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Monitoring of the portfolio in terms of risk and revenues;
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of securities and/or of client’s portfolio.
WM APAC Investment Services team assesses market opportunities and creates investment strategy and research, products & services to meet clients’ portfolio needs.
As an Investments Services Analyst, you will acquire knowledge/understanding of Investment Products and Services and develop the overall skills set required to successfully contribute to the Wealth Management business. Your responsibilities may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Work closely with senior product specialists to develop solutions and communication plans for relationship managers and their clients;
- Analyze current processes and generate solutions to improve business performance;
- Meet with investment managers to evaluate market opportunities and products;
- Evaluate investment quality and consistency of Wealth Management products
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to deliver under considerable time pressure with attention to details and accuracy
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Programming skill with experience in VBA, MS-access would be considered a plus
- Language Proficiency: English, Mandarin and / or Cantonese considered a plus
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage