2024 APAC Long Internship – Global Markets – Asset Finance and Securitisation – Hong Kong
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
Our 6-month internship programme will provide you with training and dedicated support as you develop an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of the banking sector. During your time with us you will shadow our teams of industry leading specialists which will give you close exposure to the business. Most importantly you will gain an understanding of your own skills and the future direction you wish to take.
For: Third or penultimate year undergraduates in any disciplines from a recognized university
Duration: 6 months
Start date: Late-December 2023 – June 2024
We encourage you to apply for your program of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date, if all vacancies are filled.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
- Apply as a third or penultimate year undergraduate in any discipline;
- On track for a GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline;
- Be available to work as full time from 27 Dec 2023 to 28 Jun 2024;
- Have to be fluent in spoken and written English; and
What you will do?
Joining our client Global Markets as a trainee in the Asset Finance and Securitisation Team, your role will include:
- Work closely with other team members to provide necessary support in the origination, structuring and execution of asset finance and securitisation activities in APAC.
- Understand the characteristics of different asset classes including but not limited to ABS, RMBS, CMBS, covered bonds, trade receivables and future flow.
- Assist and support the team on matters related to
– Preparation of proposals, marketing materials and credit applications,
– Financial and quantitative analysis, and
– Monitoring of performance of existing transactions, rating agency methodologies, market news and events.
- Penultimate-year university students majoring in Quantitative Finance, Business Administration, Financial Engineering, Economics and other relevant disciplines.
- Able to work on a full time basis from 27 Dec 2023 to 28 Jun 2024
- Committed, self-driven and ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills and team-player.
- Excellent numerical and writing skills.
- Creative, articulate and pay attention to details.
- Fluent in English and at least one other Asian language (Mandarin or Cantonese preferred).
- Proficiency in computer software like MS Word, Excel and Power Point.