2024 APAC Long Internship – Global Markets, Chief Conduct and Control Office APAC – Hong Kong
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
2024 APAC Long Internship – Global Markets – Chief Conduct and Control Office APAC – Hong Kong
Our 6-month internship programme will provide you with training and dedicated support as you develop an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of the banking sector. During your time with us you will shadow our teams of industry leading specialists which will give you close exposure to the business. Most importantly you will gain an understanding of your own skills and the future direction you wish to take.
For: Third or penultimate year undergraduates in any disciplines from a recognized university
Duration: 6-8 months
Start date: Late-November 2023 – May 2024
We encourage you to apply for your program of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date, if all vacancies are filled.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
• Apply as a third or penultimate year undergraduate in any discipline;
• On track for a GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline;
• Be available to work as full time from late-November 2023 to May 2024;
• Have to be fluent in spoken and written English; and
What you can expect?
The Chief Conduct and Control Office (“GM CCCO”) is a transversal team within Global Markets (“GM”) that is responsible for overseeing the main risks and controls, while ensuring the integrity and the sustainable development in GM’s portfolio of activities. GM CCCO has a global mandate across all platforms, with teams located in Americas, EMEA and APAC.
Within the GM CCCO department, the GM Operational Permanent Control & TAC/NAC1 Coordination team (“GM OPC”) serves as subject matter expert on the Front Office (“FO”) supervision structure, operational risks’ assessment, controls and governance. Sitting with the business and acting as the first line of defense (“1LOD”), GM OPC partners closely with FO senior management, COO, Compliance, IT & Operations and other control functions to strengthen GM operational processes. In particular, GM OPC in APAC aims to deliver:
(i) Protection: continuous advisory to FO as well as ad-hoc awareness & training sessions dedicated to 1LoD
(ii) Risk assessment: assessment, monitoring of the front-to-end control plan as well as definition of risk mitigation’s action plan in collaboration with the support functions
(iii) Supervision: Governance structure with regular supervision forums with Head of Business Lines
What you will do?
Provide support to the Global Markets APAC Operational risk team to create training materials for Front Officers, maintain the Front Office Control plan and associated report managed as well as other support tasks.
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
1. Monitoring and reporting on the FO control plan
• Update the FO control plan when necessary;
• Provide statistical analysis of the FO control plan’s participation rate to Head of Business Lines;
• Maintain and update statistical data for FO control plan participation
2. Front Office permanent control awareness
• Produce internal training material with aim to raise awareness on operational risks topics associated to GM activities;
• Produce presentations to GM APAC Management, Regional Heads of Business Units and internal control governance forums
3. Contribution to internal efficiency & productivity initiatives
• Streamline and automate internal reporting processes
• Control and to improve on the data quality and consistency (incl. central repositories)
• Initiate corrective actions when required
• Create/Maintain/Update procedural documentation and perform training to delegate tasks to offshore centres.
• Support the team in administrative tasks
4. Contribution to Deep dives for remediation project.
• Support the team in organising meeting with stakeholders, creating ppt
• Support the team in analysing previous historical incidents, identify pattern
• Support the team in defining remediation axes
• Interest in Trading/Capital market activities
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Ability to develop stakeholder relationships and work in a complex and rapidly/constantly changing environment
• Ability to analyze complex issues
• Work in a rigorous manner with high attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form (English)
• Advanced technology skills (incl. VBA, Python, POWER BI)
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Powerpoint and Word)
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science but open to other courses with business and finance knowledge