Asset Management – Investment – Portfolio Manager, Asian & Emerging Equities (IT & Consumer sectors, LATAM)
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
ROLE DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
To actively contribute to the successful management of Asian and Emerging equity portfolios – contributing to client liaison generally and assuming specific client responsibilities as appropriate.
Important elements include:
- Positively influence / impact debate – including both stock selection, portfolio construction and the sell discipline.
- To undertake thorough research – both proactively sourcing new ideas and as directed by the team, and present well considered investment cases for discussion.
- Adherence with the team’s investment philosophy and approach, and actively portray a positive and unified team ethos.
- To represent the team and business with both internal and external stakeholders, and to help embed the firm’s investment approach to sustainability in line with the global sustainability policy.
- Market and company analysis: To analyse the structure and development of relevant equity sectors/industries, together with the companies therein and to analyse their business drivers.
- To help co-ordinate and determine the focus of the Team’s research output: To prepare thorough equity research and to present the results of this analysis and well-considered recommendations at various forums.
- Based on our proprietary research, to define stock recommendations and participate in the construction of portfolios – with responsibility over defined sub-portfolios, order to maximize longer-term returns, subject to acceptable levels of risk, as compared to benchmarks and taking into account the allowed tracking-error and risk models. A process of ESG integration is applied as a minimum.
- Performance monitoring: to monitor the performance of the portfolios and areas of responsibility, and proactively follow-up and improve recommendations and sizing in order to achieve our clients’ return objectives.
- Client & intermediary (consultants/advisors) responsibilities: Contribute to client liaison in general and assume specific client/intermediary responsibilities and reporting as required.
- Compliance: Ensure that portfolios are compliant with legal, statutory, client and internal guidelines and that all procedures are adhered to.
- Commercial support: To support the Company's commercial efforts (sales and marketing) and to represent its position by attending client meetings and preparing presentation materials for both internal and external use.
- Integrity: It is expected that all staff are professional, act with the greatest integrity at all times, honest, open and respectful in their discussions with colleagues/clients and treat others as they would expect others to treat them.
- Specific sector responsibilities: Detailed knowledge and understanding of Emerging and Asian companies with a specific focus on the IT and Consumers sectors, and with a particular focus on LATAM. In addition, in view of the team’s approach to peer group review,a good understanding of sectors and stocks across the market is important.
- Partner and cooperate with the Sustainability Centre to embed ESG into our investment process.
- Proactively share research across the FAE platform.
KEY INTERNAL / EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: Close cooperation across all equities teams, Sustainability Centre, Quantitative Research Group, Global Trading Function, Global Client Group
- External: Industry/company management, Intermediaries (consultants etc), Clients
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level, Finance subject preferred, CFA or equivalent.
- Investment Communications.
- Portfolio Construction.
- Existing and New Business Contribution.
- Business and Regulatory Knowledge.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES (TECHNICAL / BEHAVIOURAL / LEADERSHIP)
A positive spirit, embracing the team’s investment philosophy and process and actively portraying a positive and unified team ethos.
A demonstrable and documented record of:
- Sustainability in both research and investment decisions.
- Over 10 years of investment experience plus an in-depth (and current) knowledge of Financials and important macro drivers of markets (research and portfolio management) focused on EMEA, within a broader investment context; proactively contributing to the investment narrative/debate with investors and teams focused on different regions and across market capitalisations and thematics.
- Contributing to a team-based approach to portfolio management.
- Working within (and contributing to) a diverse and multi-cultural team, across multiple locations.
- Knowledge of leading front office enterprise and portfolio management tools, specifically Aladdin and FactSet.
A demonstrably high competency in:
- Fundamental analysis.
- Idea generation.
- Market analysis.
- Presentations to / communication with senior decision makers across the range of stakeholders; externally (clients, prospects, company management etc) and internally (across functions).
Motivation and a strong team ethos are essential as is the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and with clear and demonstrable client centricity:
- Strong English communication skills a critical requirement, both orally and in writing.
- Strong international orientation.
- Ability to clearly communicate views to clients and other colleagues.
- Knowledge of Financial Market dynamics and performance drivers.