Associate – Cross Product Client Services
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- OPERATION PROCESSING
BNP Paribas Prime Brokerage (PB) offers an impressive breadth and depth of services, providing clients with a fully integrated front-to-back solution and a global approach for financing, execution and servicing.
Prime Services combines the historical strength in traditional Prime Brokerage services – top rated in Securities Lending, Client Service, Capital Introduction and more – with the innovative DNA of the GECD franchise. This combination allows the anticipation of client needs and development of solutions to the problems they face.
Within this business, the Cross-Product Client Service team is part of Global Market Operations and is dedicated to provide a premium service to PB clients and Front Office acting as the single point of contact regarding post-trade management and daily operational activity across all asset classes. By leveraging the synergy from client services and trade support functions, the team is also coordinating production & issues solving with all internal Operations departments aiming to be more client-focus and to improve turnaround time, services quality and client relationship management.
Teams based in ISPL APAC provides seamless solutions in multiple asset classes, ensuring Prime Service clients benefit from local support and expertise as well as proactive management of their issues/queries.
Product Scopes: all PB products mainly on Listed Products (cash & derivatives), CBs, OTC products (such as vanilla options, forwards, exotic), CFDs, Equity Swaps, Dividend Swaps, FX products, Rates Products, P-notes, Commodities, CDS, Fixed Income Products, FX etc
- Work closely with our business partners (Sales, Trading, Business Managers, Relationship Managers) on various client related topics
- Act as coordinator internally to ensure we provide a solution to clients with a competitive timeline.
- Ensure timely and appropriate level of escalation pertaining to client-impacted issues.
- Handle post trade allocation and trade exceptions for Synthetic Prime Brokerage clients
- Follow SLA turnaround time on client issues, and solutions.
- Review CSG and client MI to drive improvement leveraging technology or process enhancement.
- Involved in projects/initiatives globally and locally, on continuous improvement / enhancement to clients, achieve efficiency/cost reduction, mitigate operational risk, streamline existing process, conduct UAT testing.
- Bring solutions to new business initiatives for development.
- Propose process improvements to improve client journey.
- Contribution to perform supervision on the outsourced services (if any).
- Bring Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively the risk of fraud by helping to devise and by implementing sufficient regular controls.
- Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Comply with the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct
- Comply with the BNPP IT Security policies.
- Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions “AML/FS”) related duties: Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ownership, Drive for results – own your client, hold and grab follow thru issues / queries, Delivers high quality work timely.
- Risk awareness – Demonstrates a good awareness of operational risk management. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the operational responsibilities, where relevant.
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics – Acts with discipline and high ethical standards.
- Team player & cross-cultural awareness – Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders.
- Client focus – Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as customers.
- Challenge status quo – raise question on processes and current system flows.
Essential Personal Skills
- Diligence – Displays dedication and prioritizes problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins.
- Resilience – Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or pressure).
- Communication (Active listener and clear communicator) – Communicates clearly. Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary. Ability to deal confidently with a range of personnel including management.
- Innovation – Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.
- Proactivity – Self-starter with ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and detail oriented to ensure a quality service is provided.
- Structured – Ability to undertake structured analysis of a problem, identify key pain points and propose / implement pragmatic solutions rapidly.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- A thorough understanding of financial markets and product. Strong equity derivatives and FX products knowledge (including the Front-To-Back workflows and the product event management)
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate complex matters clearly and concisely.
- Proactive and collaborative mindset, who can adopt to constantly changing environment.
- Previous experience in PB space, client facing and/or operational roles.
- Proficiency in Excel, with programming skills (VBA, Excel, Access) preferable
- Client Facing/Front Office Facing expertise is prioritized.
About BNP PARIBAS
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year