Business Manager – COO APAC Legal
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
APAC Legal, with more than 130 lawyers dedicated to CIB, 2S, WM, Cardif, Asset Management, provide legal support to business lines and functions across the region in 12 countries.
The COO Office is in charge of coordinating operational and transversal matters/initiatives in APAC Legal across the region.
Within the COO Team, the mission is to:
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in operational and transversal matters/projects/initiatives in project management mode.
• Act as the IT/digital expert of APAC Legal being involved in APAC Legal’s digital transformation: Automation of templates, Secure Files Sharing etc…
1) Legal Panels
• In charge of the relationship with external legal counsel
• Perform RFP to update local panel liaising with Procurement and IT Security Teams
• Coordinate and assist APAC LEGAL on the usage of Tymetrix in Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan
• Monitor legal fees expenditure liaising with Tymetrix teams
• Monitor data quality of invoicing to control legal fees expenditure
• Liaise with Procurement on Third Party Risk Management
2) Risk Management
• Perform permanent control reviews
• Conduct RCSA (Risk and Control Self-Assessment) liaising with Risk and Compliance Teams
• Manage Legal procedures dashboard with close interactions with APAC lawyers
• Participate in the Legal Risk Committees
• Act as SARA ambassador assisting the APAC lawyers on the usage of SARA (Legal risks reporting tool)
3) Transversal Matters
• Act as Ambassador of DocAssemble: Self-service portal to generate contracts from templates
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in digitalisation/automatisation projects, as and when required
• Act as administrator of SharePoint managing the governance/maintenance/creation of new sites for APAC LEGAL
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in managing and monitoring regional projects/initiatives in Project Management mode
• Publication of the APAC LEGAL Newsletter
• Organization of the APAC LEGAL TownHalls
5) Ad-hoc requests
• Assist in the production of presentation materials related to LEGAL in APAC
• Work on ad-hoc topics in collaboration with LEGAL in Paris
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to innovative and manage change and complexity with confidence
• Team player who can form strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Intellectual curiosity, thirst for information and proactive enthusiasm for personal development
• Strong organization skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point), Power BI, SharePoint
• Prior related experience within the banking industry is an advantage
• Excellent English skills (verbal and written)
• Expected years of relevant experience in between 5-7 years.