Client Development Specialist
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- SALES DEVELOPMENT
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
- Based in Hong Kong, reporting to the APAC Global Markets Head of Client Development, covering the Institutional Client business.
- Support the mission of Client Development to drive steady increase of Institutional Client wallet share.
- Contribute to the Institutional Client Group (ICG) franchise through close partnership with key stakeholders across Global Markets and Coverage.
- Drive and conduct internal strategic client reviews. Coordinate with key stakeholders in Global Markets and Coverage. Prepare supporting data and analytics. Provide guidance to Account Captains & Sales. Systematic follow-up on action plans.
- Prepare Sales Management and key stakeholders on key client intelligence ahead of the client counterparty review meetings.
- Analyze client feedback, market surveys and other intelligence to identify business growth opportunities and to support the development of client strategy and roadmap.
- Facilitate connectivity across products with key stakeholders within the Global Market franchise globally and the wider organization outside of Global Markets regionally.
- Drive the annual client budgeting process by working closely with the Sales Management, Account Captains and Coverage.
- Manage collaboration projects across teams and regions to ensure smooth implementation of initiatives.
- Support Global Markets Business Sales Heads to drive and implement strategic initiatives via information, analysis, and implementation of initiatives.
- Leverage all available internal and external data to improve overall client intelligence.
- Support the design, development and implementation of KPIs/reporting to monitor client and sales performance (e.g. monetization, client coverage model, sales productivity, client profitability, hit ratio, pipeline, markets share).
- Digitalize Client Development practices and promote Sales tools to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Able to engage others at all levels of the organization and work collegiately across products, functions and regions.
- Strong data analysis/interpretation & problem-solving skills. Experience in presenting key takeaways through analysis of various large data sets.
- Ability to think strategically and adapt messages to the audience.
- Strong practical experience in supporting senior management.
- Diligent and detail oriented.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Solid Global Markets business knowledge with 8+ years of experience in business or client strategy, planning and analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.