Corporate Actions Event Manager, Client Services
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- OPERATION PROCESSING
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
- Perform a client service role answering client’s queries in relation to corporate action events. The role will utilise a follow the sun model, with colleagues based in the UK and US in addition to Hong Kong, providing seamless support.
Product Scopes: Corporate Action events across all products.
- Be the single point of contact for internal and external clients in relation to any corporate action queries across all APAC markets, work with internal/external parties to investigate each query and provide an answer within the agreed SLA. Knowledge of EMEA/US markets is a benefit due to APAC based clients trading globally.
- Identify themes in relation to queries, investigate each theme with a view to reducing the number of queries received
- Ensure timely and appropriate level of escalation pertaining to client-impacted issues
- Work closely with ISPL to ensure accuracy and completeness of corporate action processing, provide guidance and training where needed
- Get involved in projects/initiatives globally and locally, to provide new service to clients, achieve efficiency/cost reduction, mitigate operational risk
- Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively the risk of fraud by helping to devise and by implementing sufficient regular controls
- Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
- Comply with the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct
- Comply with the BNPP IT Security policies
- Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions “AML/FS”) related duties: Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Drive for results – Delivers high quality work.
- Risk awareness – Demonstrates a good awareness of operational risk management. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the operational responsibilities, where relevant.
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics – Acts with discipline and high ethical standards.
- Team player & cross cultural awareness – Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders.
- Client focus – Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as customers.
- Not afraid to question processes and current system flows.
Essential Personal Skills
- Diligence – Displays dedication and prioritizes problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins.
- Resilience – Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or pressure).
- Communication (Active listener and clear communicator) – Communicates clearly. Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary. Ability to deal confidently with a range of personnel including management.
- Innovation – Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.
- Proactivity – Self-starter with ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, and detail oriented to ensure quality service is provided.
- Structured – Ability to undertake structured analysis of a problem, identify key pain points and propose / implement pragmatic solutions rapidly.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- A thorough understanding of financial markets and product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to articulate complex matters clearly and concisely
- Proactive and collaborative mindset, can adapt to constantly changing environments
- Previous experience in client facing and/or operational roles for Corporate Actions
- Back office Corporate Action processing experience across APAC markets within global markets investment banking.
- Previous experience of client service (direct contact with external clients) is desireable.