Director, Sales and Relationship Management
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
Purpose of Position
- Implement a coherent and co-ordinated sales discipline, identify potential business growth areas with new clients (mostly in the scope of Banks and Brokers), create a pipeline of opportunities in line with the business strategy, and meet agreed sales team targets.
- Manage the sales effort for prospective and existing clients. Ensure cross selling into existing clients and secure new clients to generate profitable revenues for Securities Services in HK.
- Protect and grow global strategic sell-side client relationships (Banks and Brokers), and potentially Buy-side clients as well.
- Define the sales plan strategy, including market segmentation and coordination with the business global operating model across multiple regions.
- Maintain a business plan – including financial forecasts and objectives – with objective to protect existing revenues, develop new prospects and revenue streams and increase profitability
- Understand segment buying behaviour and needs to detect and anticipate market trends and positioning
- Work closely with Marketing to refine relevant and existing literature to reinforce marketing communication programme (press, web, etc.)
- Identify business opportunities working closely with Client lines to enhance and adapt product mix to maximise cross-selling within Securities Services
- Lead commercial effort and ensure a strong focus on key accounts and major global strategic names
- Guarantee long-term contribution to profitability and growth, focusing on sustainable P&L
- Define target objectives, actions and priorities per client
- Initiate and attend marketing opportunities at conferences and events and promoting Securities Services by speaking at conferences/panels
- Identify and reinforce actions vis-à-vis market bodies if needed (e.g. consultants, regulators)
- Leverage existing external contacts and build an internal network throughout the organisation to lead marketing efforts
- Deliver annual revenue targets
- Establish a business impact dialogue with strategic clients, by (i) demonstrating insight into business issues and trends (ii) being a thought leader and source of ideas (iii) understanding our products and (iv) involving product experts as appropriate
- Understand strategic client’s business strategy, wallet and key drivers.
- Detail penetration strategies across products and geographies.
- Document and maintain client profiles.
- Lead execution of client strategy across all the clients’ business divisions.
- Monitor client revenue and profitability to ensure financial performance is achieved
- Identify, track and measure client business value with the objective to create demand for products and services and hence build the pipeline and diversify our relationship
- Promote, with FIC and GM, a “one-bank” approach by globalising BNPP’s relationship with clients.
- Discern and capitalise on political forces in client organisation
- Build reputation as trusted advisor to the clients and ensure adequate exposure to BNPP Management.
- Assess deals profitability (new sales, fee renegotiations…) and ensure it is in line with business expectations
- Conduct regular strategic reviews
- Act as ambassador /senior representative of the Bank in front of clients and within our industry
- Negotiate contracts and fees, aiming at maximizing profitability level and client tenure
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Responsible for the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Responsible for ensuring team members comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
Financial security-related duties
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s policies/procedures and regulatory requirements, in particular with regards to the KYC responsibilities and duties, as per relevant policies and procedures, and the summary of responsibilities list attached hereto
Liaises externally with:
- Market Infrastructures
- Strategic Clients and Prospects (mostly but not exclusively sell-side)
Liaises internally with:
- Teams in other locations where HK based clients have business.
- Sales and Relationship Management teams in other locations.
- Regional client line teams (product specialists), which are responsible for segment strategies.
- Client Service team (CSM) who are responsible for ensuring excellence in delivering our services.
- Client Delivery, which carries out all service delivery to clients.
- The RFP team, which has a global remit across all client segments and based in London.
- All functions: Finance; Legal; Compliance; HR; Credit; Central Projects; etc
Qualifications relevant to this role:
- Graduate level education as a minimum requirement
- Financial qualification or equivalent
Experiences relevant to this role:
- Proven experience gained within the financial services industry of sales success
- Market reputation
- Ability to work in a transversal and complex environment
- Previously working with Securities Services or similar, strong knowledge of the Bank and Broker-Dealer segment is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and influencing key global stakeholders
- Demonstrated delivery of the management principles in your current position People Care, Client Focus, Risk Aware Entrepreneurship, Leading by Example and Innovation.
- Enthusiasm, self-drive and independence, accountability