Equity Research Associate, Industrials
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
As part of BNP Paribas’s expansion of our APAC research capabilities, we are hiring a number of Equity Research Associates for the Industrials equity research team. To be based in Hong Kong, the hired individuals will actively support and work closely with the team’s writing analysts as they undertake their company / sector coverage. Prior experience in the sector is not essential although demonstrable interest in one or more industrial sectors (e.g. capital goods, components, new energy, autos/EVs, transportation/logistics) is considered beneficial. Although the coverage may be regional, it is expected that most coverage will be within China and as such, fluency in both English and Chinese (Mandarin) will be considered an advantage.
- To support stock coverage within the Industrials complex including the building and maintenance of financial and valuation models, the development of databases, and the drafting of reports as requested.
- To undertake and complete client requests in a timely manner and to a high quality, and to represent writing analysts both internally and externally when required.
- To develop and maintain relationships with covered corporates, especially with the relevant IR departments, in order to facilitate the analysis process as well as corporate access.
Competencies / Qualifications
- No specific qualification is required but candidates must have a strong academic background.
- Proven interest and enthusiasm for equity research, valuations and investing.
- Demonstrable interest or experience in one or more of the industrial sub-sectors will be considered advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills (including MS Excel modelling) and high attention to detail, as well as well-developed written and spoken communication skills.
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, resilient and organized with strong inter-personal, collaborative and team-working skills.
- Fluency, both spoken and written, in both English and Chinese (Mandarin) is preferred.
- To provide high quality support to writing analysts to maximize their external and internal impact.
- To help develop strong relationships between the Industrials team and covered corporates.
About BNP PARIBAS
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year