Executive Assistant/Secretary, Securities Services
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- SECURITY OR FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Integrated to Securities Services Hong Kong, the position aims at providing with executive support to some key local/ APAC Executive managers based in Hong Kong.
In addition, the position includes some administrative responsibilities linked with the general management of the floor/ staff requests and support.
It may also include some long-term projects on a case by case basis and depending on the profile of the candidate and the business line needs,
The candidate will report to the Chief of Staff for Securities Services Hong Kong.
The primary responsibility is to provide with High-quality secretarial duties and support to assigned managers:
- Responsible for handling the day-to-day requests of some 2S Executive Managers, including, but not limited to agenda management, travel booking, meeting arrangement.
- Support the Client Development team on full spectrum of administrative tasks including but not limited to travel & expense.
As of today, this support is dedicated to (i) the 2S APAC COO, (ii) Head of MFS APAC and (iii) APAC FI&C Head; however, this may be subject to reallocation per the Chief of Staff discretion/ allocation with the other Executive assistant.
The position also includes support to the Client Development team (around 20 people) on travel and expenses.
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Along with the other Executive assistant for the platform, responsible for the general management of the floor, by being the key contact point for all administrative-related topics:
- Coordination with IT when needed,
- Advice on meeting arrangement,
- Room booking,
- Support to the Chief of Staff for the organization of events,
- Handling of internal and external correspondences. Maintenance and filing of documents.
- Receiving, handling and transferring of phone calls and messages within the department promptly and courteously.
- Visitor reception and telephone screening.
- Any other tasks assigned.
**the above list is non-exhaustive**
- Coordinate with facilities any issue and/ or floor maintenance topics:
- Act as the first contact point with both (i) the management team and (ii) facilities department for floor arrangements.
- Provide with ideas to make our workplace better and more efficient.
Other generic Responsibilities
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Aside from the obvious required organizational skills, the position requires a strong sense of facilitating cooperation and interactions whilst acknowledging the benefit of differing viewpoints and ways of working, and more importantly contributing to building a positive working environment.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Other requirements are listed below:
- Computer literacy, in particular well versed in Outlook, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint a plus).
- Strong organization skills.
- Fluent spoken and written language of English. Cantonese, Mandarin and French is a plus.
- Formal secretarial training appreciated.
- Able to work under high pressure with efficiency.
- Flexibility and availability.