Manager, Operations Control (OPC), CEP Credit Operations, VP
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- PERMANENT CONTROL
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
OPC, as part of the first line of defense, is responsible for the execution and continuous improvement of the Non-financial risks management framework covering the identification, measurement and management of Operational Risks – in close partnership with the business.
For the performance of its mission, the OPC team will adhere to the OPC Group mission statement and the APAC OPC Charter, will comply with the regulatory obligations of BNP Paribas, with General Management instructions and with market best practices ; and will act under the oversight of and in collaboration with the independent second line of defenses (in particular Risk ORM and Compliance).
Within the Asia Pacific CIB IT & Operations organization, the Regional OPC (Operational Permanent Control) team for CEP-CO Operations is under the management of the Head of Conduct & Controls and works in close relationship with the Operations teams.
His/her main responsibilities is to implement the operational risk management framework and monitor the operational risk related to CEP-CO Operations. Hence, he/she will analyse control results (Ops, OPC, LoD2, LoD3) and incidents to identify main operational risks and follow the associated mitigation/remediation actions (including recommendations).
1. Directly supervises the staff forming the Operation Permanent Control, defining responsibilities, objectives, assessing performance, providing guidance and support.
2. Coordinate the work of the team members in the realization of the control plan for the CEP-CO ITO
3. Provide Functional support to all APAC countries OPC
4. Make sure the OPC control plan in the region is constantly updated, appropriately enforced
5. Contribute to the realization of the control plan
The Head of Operations OPC, CEP-CO ensures the following missions under the supervision of Head of APAC ITO Conduct & Control and in close relationship with Operations teams.
Implementation of Operational Risk Management
- Coordinate the Risk and Control Self-Assessment with Operations Managers and Senior Management
- Ensure the adoption of Regional RCSA and deployment of applicable OPC GCL in APAC territories
- Contribute to the proposal of remedial action plans to address control findings in discussion with action implementation owner and relevant functions and follow up on their implementation
- Support incident management by coordinating with stakeholders on root cause investigation, remediation plan definition and implementation, and to ensure clear reporting on Incident reporting system
- Support ad-hoc deep-dives of control frameworks, in line with business concerns on non-financial risks and integrate results in regional RCSA / OPC GCP update
- Assist in coordinating investigations / missions / inquiries from internal audit, regulators, or 2LOD and follow up on the implementation of recommendations
- Participate in permanent control committees (ORMF, PCC, ICC …) and prepare committee materials that provides accurate and meaningful data on operational risk management framework
- Coordinate New Activity Committee (NAC) & Transaction Approval Committee (TAC) process and contribute to reviewing the new activity / transactions from an operational risk perspective
- Assist in the follow up of TAC NAC conditions including performance of Post Implementation Review (PIR)
- Duty to alert on fraud or significant failures to operational management and Risk ORM, and promote operational risk monitoring and control culture.
- Participate on ad hoc basis to projects such as those led by Transversal OPC within the APAC CCCO Office
- Facilitates/provides refresher trainings to business to enhance awareness on operational risk management topics and TAC NAC process
- Define the control testing, present the controls result to Senior Management, and ensure the implementation of remediation actions
- Follow up and review findings and recommendations issued by internal auditors, regulators, and external auditors
- Ensure operational risk incidents are properly collected, coordinate the root cause analysis and contribute to the definition of remedial actions
- Perform Deep Dive analysis/ thematic review on specific processes based on identified risk areas
- Monitor regulations and internal policy changes to ensure implementation by Operations Team.
Operational Risk Governance
Support country OPCs in performing the respective mandates, and consolidate the results for management reporting.
In terms of OPC APAC:
- Contribute to country/regional Internal Control Committee, and to Operational Review Management Framework Steering Committee (monthly & quarterly)
- Contribute on regulator enquiries / surveys on Operational Risk and Internal Control
- Contribute to regional OPC projects (definition of control plans, tool for control testing purpose etc)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Minimum10 years of experience in Internal Control, Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit function or with CEP-CO experience, ideally in KYC, Referential & Credit Operations
- Good analytical skills and control mindset
- Ability to integrate various information and synthesize them
- Good communication and presentation skills, with ability to interact with operations staff and Senior Management
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Coordination and multi-tasking skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) for statistical analysis and report production