Investigator, KYC Operations, Hong Kong
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- OPERATION PROCESSING
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the KYC Operations team’s is responsible for the KYC due diligence on the clients of the bank for onboarding or recertification.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 3 main activities:
1. Execute the onboarding and recertification of clients of the bank in adherence to the Global KYC Policy
2. Align with internal stake holders to provide clarity on the KYC file during such process
3. Provide support on dashboarding, change and data quality management
The responsibilities of this role will be diverse and varying, depending on work required to be actioned.
- Perform thorough investigation on hits, PEPs and adverse news in close co-ordination with different internal BNPP teams, including the relationship managers.
- Ensure all relevant information regarding the investigation are documented and verified accurate and circulate to the internal client management stakeholders for further processing.
- Complete KYC investigation requests in adherence to relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), which also makes reference to relevant policies including Global KYC Policy.
- Ensure timely escalation and own proposed course of actions to line management to address identified risks and blocking points during each investigation handling. Also, identify, analyze, report and explore proposed course of actions to line management in relation to production,
- policy and system issues.
- Develop a good understanding of the overall KYC operations process and act as a subject matter expert to support the team
- Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle various initiatives and ad-hoc projects as assigned by line management.
- Work in close and continuous collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to achieve set objectives and resolve any issues during daily tasks.
- Keep accurate track record of all assigned requests; from receipt through execution of requests.
- Follow-up and document all production incidents until closure.
- Major clients including Corporate Coverages, Commodity Finance, Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Institutional Coverages, Global Markets products [e.g.Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
Participate in various projects and initiatives as directed by manager to deliver changes/quality output with respect to operational processes, policies, data quality, regulatory initiatives and strategies, remediation, etc.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Exhibit high willingness to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Solution driven.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- University graduate, preferably with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups.
- Good understanding of Due Diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
- Working knowledge in relation to Corporate Banking products [e.g. Cash/Deposit, Loan Syndication/Agency, Trade Finance, ECM/DCM, etc] and/or Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Candidates with strong potential but less than 2 years relevant work experience can be considered.