Lead Business Analyst / Project Manager (Data and platform Management)
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
APAC FRESH is dedicated to the design, build, implementation and business support of IT solutions to service the needs of FINANCE and RISK functions, achieved by retaining highly skilled, functional and technical experts that work in active, continuous collaboration.
Our team, APAC FRESH Local Regulatory Reporting Project and Solution, aims to strengthen the regulatory reporting platform of all APAC locations, by leveraging the regional knowledge (data management, reporting tools, and regulatory practices) to mitigate local regulatory risk in cost efficient manner.
To fulfill the dynamic regulatory requirements, the team has grown to have around 40 members. We are constituted of diversified profiles in building the synergy; Software engineer, business analyst, data manager & project manager are worked closely with collaborative & innovative culture, supported by the latest technology and management approach.
The in-house platform, Flexel, is a highly flexible and user-friendly Regulatory Reporting Platform, supporting 1000+ Finance and Operation’s regulatory reports across APAC countries. The wide spectrum of reports included but not limited to – Balance Sheet, P&L, Large Exposure, Granular Data Repository, BASEL III reporting (e.g. LCR) and that makes up the massive user community.
Data & System Platform management
- To perform data analysis, data modelling & process automation
- Develop and implement procedures for effective data management.
– Create rules and procedures for data modeling and control
– Continually develop data management strategies
– Manage all incoming data feed
– Oversee and manage staff members in the daily use of data & systems
– Adherence to company / group IT data strategic direction
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining systems and software.
- Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements.
- Assist with recognizing and upholding digital security systems to protect delicate information.
- Provide architectural expertise and direction, and assistance to the teammates for system and software development.
- Document the County’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility
- Where applicable, design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- To put in place and maintain the projects documentation:
– Define roles and responsibilities
– Document risks and issues, highlighting impacts
– Maintain planning
– Follow up on action
- To ensure regular and efficient communication within the project team and to the stakeholders
- Coordinate the contributions from the various parties to ensure the planning is followed
- Ensure escalations are made timely to avoid unnecessary time/budget slippage
Contribute to the efficiency of the delivered solution
- Challenge requirements for a more rational effort spending
- Write and/or review BA documentation (e.g. function spec, user guide)
- Keep track of long-term benefits of solutions put designed and rolled out
- Perform/support system testing (e.g. SIT & UAT)
Regional L3 Production Support:
- Provide L2 and L3 production support to APAC regional regulatory reporting applications
- Review regularly daily and monthly incidents with L1 production support team, and implement short term and long-term solutions
- Conduct knowledge transfer to L1 / L2 production prod support
- Identify the root cause of the incident by applying sound error tracing technics
- Manage change management process and releases deployment, align to Group standard and policy
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Essential Knowledge/Skills :
- Proven experience in systems or data-warehouse development project on large-scale multi-region applications in finance/banking/regulatory reporting area. Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and enterprise architectures.
- Solid understanding of database design, SQL/ TSQL, data structure & data modelling with at least one major database technology (Oracle preferred) and best practices associated is mandatory.
- Strong hands-on experience in modern Java (major) and Python (minor) with solid understanding of object-oriented programming and good knowledge of its ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of information and data processing principles and practices.
- Good understanding on various technologies (e.g. AutoSys, SFTP, CFT, Keys and Certificates, Service Now)
- Sound knowledge in financial / accounting / regulatory reporting domain.
- Quick learner, self-initiative and good team player
- Sense of ownership to tasks assigned and commit to deadlines under pressure
- Analytical, lateral thinker, attentive to details and result-oriented person
- Fluency in English (verbal/written) and with good communication & interpersonal skills
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information System or related subjects
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Banking or Financial Industry, preferably Finance / Risk IT area; more experience would be considered as senior role.
- Experiences in project management, data analysis, system implementation project
- Financial industry, regulatory/ financial reporting exposure would be an advantage.
Other Preferred Competencies (not mandatory):
- PMP, Scrum Master, Agile or other related project certificates
- CFA, CPA or other related professional certificates
- Other IT skills: Excel Macro / Workflow tool (e.g. Alteryx) / Tableau / PowerBI / IT Infrastructure