Local Human Resources Business Partner
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- HUMAN RESOURCES
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, the Local HR Business Partner will provide advisory support for an allocated business group(s) at the territory level to meet their strategic business and HR objectives.
The incumbent will also work closely with designated Regional Business Partners for implementing regional HR initiatives and policies in Hong Kong.
- Act as strategic and trusted HR business partner to assigned business group(s) by providing HR advisory services and career management support.
- Implement group, regional and local HR strategies within areas of responsibility and demonstrate understanding of business priorities and opportunities for HR contribution.
- Uphold the highest ethical standard and provide advice to the businesses to ensure they are compliant with the culture and values of BNP Paribas when dealing with people related matters.
- Partner closely with HR Specialist in areas of Compensation and Benefits, Global Mobility, Talent Acquisition, HR Solutions, and Learning and Development.
- Act as a change agent and key enabler to support various HR projects, tools and programs to drive and deliver our HR strategic objectives.
- Work with the Business Line or Functions to meet their strategic resourcing needs.
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to deliver recruitment objectives.
- Manage required approvals within the APAC Delegations process.
Career Management / Talent Management
- Conduct regular career development interviews with the designated population and complete feedback record after each meeting.
- Identify and support the initiatives of the APAC talent program, succession planning, and the graduate and internship programs.
- Facilitate internal mobility, adhering to the APAC Mobility Policy.
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct to adhere with the highest standards of ethics.
- Handle employee relations and performance management issues, applying appropriate BNPP policies and guidelines and escalating cases when necessary.
Learning and Development
- Collaborate with L&D partner to support managers on training needs analysis to identify and provide training solutions to employees.
Compensation and Benefits
- Support the year end performance management and compensation process, working closely with regional HR Business partner and Compensation and Benefits partner during the annual performance and pay review salary and bonus cycle.
- Actively participate in the annual job matching exercise and regularly conduct compensation analysis to highlight key areas of concern in assigned business group(s).
Control and Compliance
- Contribute to the Operational Permanent Control Framework and reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all Bank’s Policies & Procedure.
- Comply with all mandatory eLearning requirements.
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills :
- Comprehensive understanding of Hong Kong Employment Law and local regulation.
- Sound understanding of the Business Line or Function(s) supported.
- Analytical skills, ability to assess people and situations objectively.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with numbers.
- Ethical, discreet with Collaborative and Inclusive Mindset.
- Active listener and Client-focused.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
- Ability to manage change and embrace digital mindset and capabilities to drive HR digitalization journey.
- Ability to influence and coach managers and employees.
- Undergraduate degree or above
- Experience using relevant HR systems advantageous (PeopleSoft, Taleo)
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- 5 years+ relevant HR Business Partner experience
- Fluent in English (Written and spoken), Cantonese and Mandarin
- Other relevant language skills advantageous
- Understanding of HR processes and procedures