Operational Risk Officer – Risk ORM APAC (Securities Services Focus)
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
Located in the Corporate and Institutional Banking RISK Operational Risk & Control (CIB RISK ORM) function, the Securities Services (2S) RISK ORM team is responsible for the implementation and effective management of the entity’s operational risk framework and acts as the global 2nd Line of Defense (LoD2) for Securities Services. More generally, our mandate is to challenge and supervise the operational risk management framework of BNP Paribas Securities Services activities.
This position will support with key accountabilities and activities expected from RISK 2S ORM role for APAC region.
Assist Head of the team to co-ordinate BP2S activities within the APAC region, which includes –
• Preparation of periodic reports, presentations and forums
• Perform and review independent control testing
• Perform and review check & challenge of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment
• Perform the quality review of historical incidents
• Contribute to RISK BP2S projects
• Collect comments from various locations for TAC/NAC related activities
• Maintain strict discipline on the various ORMF BAU components, to be monitored through KPIs: PCA, IG, recommendations, incidents, etc.
• Develop / roll-out KPIs, Early Warning Indicators, dashboards to better anticipate the risks
• Make sure that Group and APAC innovation initiatives are correctly followed, prioritized and concluded within BP2S perimeter
• Contribute to the effective roll-out of new Risk360 modules (RCSA, ORM, …) and to the continuous improvement of the 360 suite
• Active contribution to all forums: Internal Control Committees, other global, regional and local forums. Contribute actively to RISK 2S ORM forum by presenting APAC achievements and sharing experience.
• Contribute to drive the change by participating in the implementation of major transformation programs, in particular when these are linked to a recommendation from the Supervisor or to compliance with a regulatory provision (e.g. Control Monitoring Program, Third Party Risk Management, operational resilience, Cyberfraud Program, Cyberprogram, Data Leakage Protection Program)
• Contribute to the integration of the other 2LoD functions into RISK ORM methodologies, processes and tools.
• Contribute to RISK ORM regional projects and global initiatives.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Experience with data visualization tools is an advantage.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• University graduate with minimum 10 years of relevant experience in 2S businesses, risk management and control function. Relevant experience in consulting or audit background would be appreciated.
• Prior experience or practical understanding in previous roles may include but not limited to Front/Middle/Back Office, Operations or Functional role(s).
• Knowledge of key applicable regulatory requirements would be an advantage