Prime Services System Developer – Margin & Risk
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
You will join a global technology team based onshore and offshore, delivering strategic functional enhancements for the Prime Services business Margin Risk Platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with colleagues locally and globally to build and deliver new business functionality to support the objectives of the Prime Services' Business. The role will be predominantly focused on building and developing our Risk Margin platform, and requires a strong technical skillset along with good communication skills. A can-do attitude is expected, where you can partner with others inside and outside of the development team to investigate problems, drive conversations to find and agree solutions and communicate those solutions to a diverse set of stakeholders
The candidate will need to work closely with the business and business analysts to help to design, deliver components supporting the future state architecture. The candidate will need to be very delivery focussed and have a ‘hands on’ approach in order to meet the business’s high expectations.
To be considered for this role a strong technical skillset (particularly Java and relational databases) is a must. Prior knowledge of Prime Services and Risk application is also useful but candidates will be considered accross a range of backgrounds
The role is Hong Kong based but will involve working with colleagues based in our business and development hubs globally
• Responsible for working as part of a global team to deliver software supporting Margin Risk business.
• Work closely with team members in all main locations globally to enhance current margin risk platform to support business growing in APAC.
• Provide 3rd level support where required and work to ensure front line support are trained to support the systems.
• Interact with business lines and business analysts to understand requirements and drive technical solutions
• Provide timely updates on development progress and escalate issues/blockers
• Propose and deliver architectural / system technical design improvements where appropriate as part of functional delivery
• Mentor junior team members and peer review code of other developers within the team, regionally and globally
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Previous experience and knowledge of Equity Finance, Risk systems and Banking front to back functions is a bonus, but not expected.
• Excellent Java Programming skills is a must, with any UI knowledge being desirable.
• Knowledge of a scripting language (Python, perl…) is an advantage
• Good knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
• Familiarity with DevOps tools and pipelines (Jenkins, Git, Docker, Ansible…)
• Familiarity with Jira and working in an agile methodology.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Undergraduate University Degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline