Tax Certifications & Reclaims Manager / Client Service
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- OPERATION PROCESSING
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
What is this position about?
Within CIB ITO Global Market Operations, Corporate-actions, Incomes and Taxes department belongs to Trade Processing / Settlement & Accounting organization unit and is in charge of tracking and following-up corporate actions, incomes, and related taxes purposes on behalf entities within CIB ITO GM.
Tax Operations department supports global markets and ensures conformity with local policies while documenting entities to benefit treaty tax ‘reliefs at source’. The team is in the meantime handling requests for tax reclaims with local tax authorities and collecting/providing material evidences when it comes to sustain audits.
Tax Operations is a critical team in the management and oversight of tax processes within the bank.
The team is required to:
- Closely monitor all accounts and activities belonging to Global market entities in APAC markets
- Ensure documentations and certifications are renewed and up to date following any market law updates and/or expiration.
- Collect / produce reclaim information to relevant tax consultants and fiscal authorities.
- Ensure risk monitoring in accounting and provisioning forecast in case some taxes would be at risk of being reclaimed.
- Single point of contact for operations, custodians, vendors, client services on all tax subjects/issues.
- SBA lifecycle monitoring and all tasks related to this flow.
- Follow up any tax treaty rates evolution in the market and ensure relevant systems are properly updated.
- Provide support to all functions and business in respect of Tax operations queries
- Support tax controls and reporting to the relevant authorities or functions in respect of Tax duties/deadlines.
- Ensure treasury tax flows are reflected along the production line (front to finance).
- Control books and records at the different stages of events and until pay date.
- Keep SOP’s up to date as markets or processes evolve.
- Attend monthly / quarterly tax meetings providing accurate feedback on tax risks within your region
- Work closely with the global tax operations teams, and the global head of tax to ensure consistency
- Work closely with group tax and group finance where applicable
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
- English (operational / advanced)
- Respect of Group Conduct and Compliance policies (internally and externally)
- Proactive, extremely rigorous and with high level of autonomy (self-sufficiency).
- Flexible in adapting methodologies to context and oriented in problem solving
- Dispose strong team spirit and client focus mindset, with a good communication background
- Financial markets knowledge
- Prior experience in tax operations