Trade Processing Developer
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
What is this position about?
You will join a global technology team based onshore and offshore, delivering strategic functional enhancements for the Prime Services business Trade Processing platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with colleagues locally and globally to build and deliver new business functionality to support the growth of the Prime Services platform. The role will be predominantly focused on building and developing our next generation Trade Processing platform, and requires a strong technical skillset along with good communication skills and a can-do attitude
What would be your typical day at BNPP Paribas look like?
The candidate will need to work closely with a range of stakeholders including operations, traders, business analysts and other developers to design & deliver components supporting the future state platform whilst maintaining day to day operational needs. The candidate will need to be delivery focused and have a ‘hands on’ approach.
To be considered for this role a strong technical skillset (particularly Java and streaming based microservice architectures) is key. Prior knowledge of Prime Services, Inventory Management and related flows is a strong advantage, but candidates will be considered across a range of backgrounds
The role is Hong Kong based but will involve working with colleagues based in our business and development hubs globally
What is required for you to succeed?
• Responsible for working as part of a wider global team to deliver software and front to back project supporting the Prime Services business, which incorporates pre trade systems, inventory management, risk, trade processing and Synthetic Equities
• Provide 3rd level support where required and work to ensure front line support are trained and equipped to fully support the platform.
• Regular interaction with business lines and business analysts to understand requirements and drive solutions
• Provide timely updates on development progress and escalate issues/blockers
• Willing to go the extra mile when required to meet tight deadlines
• 5-7 years minimum Java experience is a must
• Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Perl…) is a strong advantage
• Good knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
• Prior experience with streaming technologies and microservice based architectures is a strong advantage
• Familiarity with DevOps tools and pipelines (Jenkins, Git, Docker, Ansible…)
• Familiarity with Jira and working in an agile methodology.