Virtualization Platform IT Specialist – Associate
- Standard / Permanent
- HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
This role is for a technical support position and requires excellent technical knowledge matched by a “can do” hands-on attitude, focusing on the Bank’s regional virtualization infrastructure. The successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic IT team and will work with other IT teams in global.
• Managing and supporting virtualization infrastructure with a strong focus on the virtual servers, virtual desktop and virtual application environment.
• Assisting with design and implementation on major Digital Transformation projects to provide virtualization and internal cloud solutions to several APAC countries.
• Troubleshooting issues and resolving them in a methodical and timely fashion according to strict policies and procedures.
• Performing maintenance duties such as virtualization server patching/compliance/hardening, remediating virtualization OS/microkernel vulnerabilities, and asset management.
• Performing proactive virtualization system performance monitoring and capacity management.
• Supporting local, regional and global projects.
• Able to work shifts and occasional weekends.
• Being available on a 24/7 basis and be willing to travel within Singapore and Hong Kong at short notice to perform maintenance and support duties outside of regular business hours.
• Diligently follow the BNPP operational permanent control framework, security and MAS regulations and procedures.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Proven experience supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019/2022/Hyper-V, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu Linux, VMWare vSphere/vSAN, Openstack and be familiar with Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Office applications.
• VMware certification is mandatory – VCP-DCV or VCAP-DCV.
• Proven experience supporting a large virtual server environment on VMware/Openstack
• Proven skills and knowledge using Ansible is required.
• Must have very good verbal and written communication skills. Must have an expressive personality and be able to write clear technical documentation and operating procedures.
• Possess experience and knowledge of server hardware from Tier 1 manufacturers.
• Strong knowledge and experience working with and managing server monitoring software.
• Strong knowledge and experience of technologies such as Domains, Group Policies, Effective permissions, DNS, Registries, DHCP, WINS, Firewalls, ICP, Proxy servers and other network devices.
• Experience defining and executing Disaster Recovery and Business Contingency Plans
• Be service oriented, customer focused, positive, committed and have an enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
• Great time keeping skills and attention to detail is essential.
• Flexibility to do shift work and some weekends or late after office hours at short notice.
• The ability to perform deep dive analysis of issues and be able to quickly resolve complex problems.
• Must be independent, organized, self-motivated, responsible, able to complete tasks with little or no supervision.
• Relishes taking ownership, being totally hands-on and comfortable directly interfacing with people at all levels of the organization.
• Able to follow the company’s standards, processes and procedures.
• Knows ITIL concepts and can apply them effectively.
Specific Qualifications Required
• At least 3 years’ experience preferably within a Banking/Financial Institution environment.
• Have an ITIL V3 Foundation Qualification
• Certified on Microsoft/Red Hat/Openstack product(s)/solution(s) is a bonus.
• A professional certification in Ansible (Tower).
• Experience on supporting VMware vSAN, Nutanix, KVM, OpenSVC, iSCSI, DAS, NAS, SAN storage technologies with Windows Servers.
• Python, UNIX shell scripts and PowerShell or other scripting skills.
• RESTful API usage and programming
• Knowledge and experience on Dynatrace, ELK, SolarWinds, OME, VMware vLCM and Nutanix PRISM.
• Good understanding with practical experience on out-of-band server management, e.g. RACADM command, Redfish management API