This system is not intended to deal with client/commercial complaints, which are processed in dedicated separate channels in accordance with the regulations in force. Please refer to Client Complaints – BNP Paribas in Hong Kong for details.
We hereby inform that BNP Paribas entities in Hong Kong operates a whistleblowing system, in accordance with BNP Paribas Group and local regulatory requirements.
The whistleblowing process enables all of the Bank’s employees and external third parties such as former employees, suppliers and their sub-contractors to report safely, and under the conditions laid down by the regulations, actual or suspected violations of laws or rules of the Group Code of Conduct in all its provisions.
This whistleblowing policy covers, but is not limited to, the following:
- acts of corruption and influence peddling or any other infringement pertaining to probity;
- acts of fraud;
- professional behaviours contrary to the provisions relating to “Respect for persons” fall under the Group HR Policy (RHG0063);
- infringement of the rules of professional ethics;
- infringement of the rules of financial security;
- anti-competitive practices;
- breach of market integrity;
- infringement of the rules for the protection of interests of clients;
- unauthorized communication of confidential information, theft or leakage of data;
- violation of human rights and fundamental freedoms, damage to the health and safety of persons or to the environment committed by a Group’s Entity or by its supplier or the subcontractor of a supplier within the framework of an established commercial relationship with the Group or one of its Entities;
- a serious violation of BNP Paribas policies regarding suppliers.
- a serious violation of BNP Paribas policies regarding the use of social media.
Whistleblowers are granted protection against the risk of retaliation provided by local applicable law.
Any abuse of the whistleblowing system may expose the reporting person to disciplinary sanctions or prosecution. However, the use of this system in good faith will not expose the reporting person to any disciplinary sanction, even if the facts are subsequently proven to be inaccurate or do not give rise to any follow-up.
Contact for whistleblowing:
BNP Paribas Hong Kong,
8/F, Lincoln House, Taikoo Place
979 King’s Road, Quarry Bay
Attn: Head of Compliance, Greater China
In case of whistleblowing, the initiator shall provide accurate and factual information available to him/her, and if possible documents, regardless of their form or medium, in support of the report. Information and documents provided must present a direct link with the object of the report.
The BNP Paribas Whistleblowing Framework ensures the confidentiality during the collection and processing of the reports, of the identity of the Whistleblowers and any persons mentioned, including the Targeted Person(s), and of the information collected in the report. Information relating to the Whistleblower, the Targeted Person or any person mentioned in a report can be disclosed only if necessary, based on a “need to know” principle, as regards performing the admissibility analysis and/or the investigations and within a commitment on confidentiality.